#ATCitupWithFriends ATC Monthly Trade Event hosted by Pabkins.
DUE To Host by: MARCH 31st, 2017 (due in my hands by this date!)
SIGN UP: email pabkins at gmail dot com with “Fairytales” and your instagram ID in the subject line
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ADVISED SHIPPING TIME! – Over half of the folks that joined the January Trade event were late mailing their cards
- US ARTISTS – Your envelope to me SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before MARCH 25th as Mail within the US typically takes 2-6 days
- CANADIAN ARTISTS – Your envelop SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before March 20th. Mail from Canada to US usually takes 4-10 days.
- INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS – Your envelop SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before MARCH 15-20th as it can take anywhere from 7-20 days to reach the US depending on your country (Phillpines, New Zealand, Australia, Poland, Sweden all tend to take 15-20 days to reach me so please keep in mind the later you mail the less likely your cards will make it into the swap)
– SENDING EARLY IS FINE! SENDING LATE IS NOT! It is your responsibility to get your cards to me on time. The Recommended mailing times does not mean I will hold the entire group up waiting for your cards to arrive! This is a monthly event, with the themes announced at least 2 months in advance. That should be plenty of time to get them mailed on time. I understand that life happens, you can drop out at anytime. You do not have to participate every month. If you drop out PLEASE let me know you won’t be participating so I can mark you off my worry list.
Your cards must feature a fairytale character or scene in some way. The fairytale can be from any culture or time. Please try to be creative and not just do a set of all character portraits. You’d be amazed by what you can fit on an ATC card. Challenge yourself to do your best because the more amazing cards that are received the more amazing the returns I am able to swap out between artists and send back to you!
HOW IT WORKS:
– CREATE 3 ORIGINAL Hand drawn or hand painted artist trading cards from the above theme
– SIZE MATTERS! Cards absolutely must be the standard size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches NO LARGER! NO SMALLER! with straight cut edges or your cards will be returned unswapped. (vertical or horizontal is fine)
– All Artists mail their cards to Pabkins – I’ll swap them for 3 different artists based on Effort for Effort taking into consideration the level of detail and composition you sent in.
– Optional: – “Host Gift Card” for Pabkins! Do you feel like putting a smile on the crazy Pabkins face!? I like smiles but even more – I LOVE artist trading cards. I’m a complete ADDICT! So if you want to feed my addiction – make an extra card and I’ll get to keep one of your cards Hip Hip Hooooray!!!! It doesn’t have to be personalized to me, just an extra on theme card is appreciated.
This is not required at all so don’t worry about it if you don’t want to or don’t have time. Hosting is a lot of work, lots of fun work in my opinion! I host, maintain the list, recruit new artists, create samples and graphics to promote, manage a newsletter, do reminders, provide shipping supplies, cover the cost of postage overages for those silly folks that forget to include their stamp, supplying extra random goodies and often extra original ATCs, create backup and replacement cards for lost or damaged cards. Essentially ensure everything goes smoothly and provide extra goodies.
- Cards must be RECEIVED by Pabkins on or before the DUE DATE! I try to give a short 5 day grace period if you’ve mailed out in a timely manner and notified me asap. But PLEASE MAIL ON TIME!!
– You only receive cards if you send cards. If you need to drop out that’s fine, just let me know by the due date please if you need to drop out – so I don’t have to come ask you if you’re still sending in.
– CLEARLY write ON BACK OF EACH CARD:
Your name and InstagramID and #ATCitupwithfriends
– ORIGINALS only! No prints, Do not copy someone else’s art, no tracings, no stolen art, Create your own original work of art!
- Hand drawn or painted cards only! Don’t make 3 practically identical cards, that does not show creativity or effort! If your cards look exactly the same format each month I may give you a gentle nudge to be more creative in your composition.
- No collage, stamped, embellishments that popup from the surface and No glued together bits and bobs. Papercut is fine as long as it’s your original work. This is NOT a scrapbooking style art trade group!
- It is up to my discretion to return cards unswapped! Examples of when this might happen are if they: 1) arrive too late to go into the swap, 2) show lack of honest effort, 3) do not meet the theme or size requirement or 4) are damaged.
– SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA! – This is optional but encouraged – it helps our litle ATC trade event grow and builds a sense of community. So post your WIP cards! Post your finished cards! you can even post the cards you receive in return! on instagram and hashtag #ATCitupwithfriends. Get all those other traders fired up for what they might receive – and hey go take a look at the hashtag and comment on the ones you like. I am always looking at the hashtagged posts!
– INDIVIDUALLY sleeve each card – document protectors, penny sleeves (see this link), or ziplock bag – just protect it as envelopes often get wet!
HOW PABKINS WILL SHIP YOUR RETURN ENVELOPES!
INCLUDE YOUR POSTAGE AND RETURN ADDRESS LABELS PLEASE!!!!
– U.S. ARTISTS: include ONE Postage stamp (please don’t forget – many of you have been forgetting)
– INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS: please donate $1 via the Paypal friends and family method to pabkins @ gmail as an international postage stamp costs $1.15. If you can’t afford postage and still want to participate in the swap please message me.
– INCLUDE a LARGE and CLEARLY WRITTEN RETURN ADDRESS paper or sticky label with your cards!!!! (sticky label preferred – come on make it easy on me! but a piece of paper with your address clearly written on it is fine also and I’ll tape it to the envelope.
– I SUPPLY: the return envelopes, sleeves and postage overages, Random prints, stickers, and sometimes extra originals.
- All return Envelopes will be mailed back out within 5-10 days after the Due by date