ATC Monthly Trade Events hosted by Pabkins.
DUE To Host by: APRIL 30th, 2017 (due in my hands by this date!)
SIGN UP: READ THIS BLOG POST!, Fill out the Questionnaire at the bottom! – then email pabkins at gmail dot com with “STEAMPUNK” and your instagram ID in the subject line
Your cards must feature a Steampunk inspired character or scene. It can be any kind of mashup with steampunk you want – Fantasy, Pirate, Science Fiction, Victorian – as long as it obviously fits the below definition of steampunk. Please be creative and don’t do almost identical composition and face shot cards!
Click here to see a PINTEREST BOARD For your inspirational pleasure!
a genre of Science Fiction/Fantasy that typically features steam-powered machinery, clockwork and gears instead of advanced technology. Often combined with the Victorian era of fashion
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ADVISED SHIPPING TIME! – if your cards don’t arrive by the due date I cannot guarantee they will make it into the group.
- US ARTISTS – Your envelope to me SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before APRIL 25th as Mail within the US typically takes 2-6 days
- CANADIAN ARTISTS – Your envelop SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before APRIL 20th. Mail from Canada to US usually takes 4-10 days.
- INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS – Your envelop SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before APRIL 15-20th as it can take anywhere from 7-20 days to reach the US depending on your country (Phillpines, New Zealand, Australia, Poland, Sweden all tend to take 15-20 days to reach me so please keep in mind the later you mail the less likely your cards will make it into the swap)
HOW IT WORKS:
– CREATE 3 ORIGINAL Hand drawn or hand painted artist trading cards from the above theme
– SIZE MATTERS! Cards absolutely must be the standard size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches NO LARGER! NO SMALLER! with straight cut edges or your cards will be returned unswapped. (vertical or horizontal is fine)
– All Artists mail their cards to Pabkins – I’ll swap them for 3 different artists based on Effort for Effort taking into consideration the level of detail and composition you sent in.
– Optional: – “Host Gift Card” for Pabkins! It’s just an extra 4th card in the same theme if you have time. Everyone that knows me knows I’m a CRAZY ATC addict. Running this group takes a lot of time and I make a LOT of extra cards for it each month so I don’t get to do as many personal trades elsewhere. So if you want to put a big smile on my ATC loving face send 4 cards instead of 3 and I’ll get to keep one – Yippeee! I literally do a happy dance when I get one!
– Optional: – DONATIONS! – Hosting these monthly swaps costs money and time! If you could spare any of the following to help ease my workload I’d appreciate it!
- a pack of Kraft 5×7 envelopes with notecards or a few quarters of dollars towards the ones I buy in bulk. The monthly group is now 50-65+ artists every month and those envelopes add up!
- an extra postage stamp as sometimes folks envelopes go over 1 ounce
- Extra ATC in the same theme or any you have laying around in need of a new home. Every month several envelopes go missing and I try to ensure no one goes with an empty mailbox. You can help me make that happen!
- Sticker or prints 5×7 or SMALLER!
– SENDING EARLY IS FINE, SENDING LATE IS NOT! Cards must be RECEIVED by Pabkins on or before the DUE DATE! Do NOT rush the quality of your cards. I try to give a short 5 day grace period if you’ve mailed out in a timely manner and notified me asap, that does not mean mail the day before or day of the due date. I check late envelopes for a postmark and consistently late cards even within the grace period could be sent back to you unswapped. I cannot stress this enough, please don’t make me a bad guy, PLEASE MAIL ON TIME!!
– You only receive cards if you send cards. If you need to drop out that’s fine, just let me know by the due date if you need to drop out that month – so I can remove you from the list.
– CLEARLY write ON BACK OF EACH CARD:
Your name , InstagramID and #ATCitupwithfriends
– ORIGINALS only! No prints, Do not copy someone else’s art, no tracings, no stolen art, Create your own original work of art! Please be original and break outside of the box.
- Hand drawn or painted cards only! Don’t make 3 practically identical cards, that does not show creativity or effort! If your cards look exactly the same format each month I may give you a gentle nudge to be more creative in your composition.
- No collage, stamped, embellishments that popup from the surface and No glued together bits and bobs. Papercut is fine as long as it’s your original work. This is NOT a scrapbooking style art trade group!
- It is up to my discretion to return cards unswapped! Examples of when this might happen are if they: 1) arrive too late to go into the swap, 2) show lack of honest effort, 3) do not meet the theme or size requirement or 4) are damaged.
- No political, inflammatory or religious cards permitted as that would make swapping too difficult.
– SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA! – This is optional but encouraged – it helps our litle ATC trade event grow and builds a sense of community. So post your WIP cards! Post your finished cards! you can even post the cards you receive in return! on instagram and hashtag #ATCitupwithfriends. Get all those other traders fired up for what they might receive – and hey go take a look at the hashtag and comment on the ones you like. I am always looking at the hashtagged posts!
– INDIVIDUALLY sleeve each card – document protectors, penny sleeves (see this link), or ziplock bag – just protect it as envelopes often get wet!
HOW PABKINS WILL SHIP YOUR RETURN ENVELOPES!
INCLUDE YOUR POSTAGE AND RETURN ADDRESS LABELS PLEASE!!!!
– U.S. ARTISTS: include ONE Postage stamp (please don’t forget – many of you have been forgetting)
– INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS: please donate $1.15 via the Paypal friends and family method to pabkins @ gmail as an international postage stamp costs $1.15. If you can’t afford postage and still want to participate in the swap please message me.
– INCLUDE a LARGE and CLEARLY WRITTEN RETURN ADDRESS paper or sticky label with your cards!!!! (sticky label preferred – come on make it easy on me! but a piece of paper with your address clearly written on it is fine also and I’ll tape it to the envelope.
– I SUPPLY: the return envelopes, sleeves and postage overages, Random prints, stickers, and sometimes extra originals.
- LOST MAIL, LOST CARDS – I am not responsible for lost or stolen mail. If I do not receive cards I cannot swap out cards from the group swap. However! – I never want anyone to go with an empty mailbox. It is upon my discretion to attempt to replace lost cards from DONATED cards from other participating artists and myself. This is NOT a definite and more likely only will happen if you don’t receive cards not if I never receive yours. The group is VERY large now and the amount of lost mail is beyond what I can replace on my own. Thank you for understanding.
- Return Envelopes will be mailed back out within 7-10 days after the Due by date