#ATCitupWithFriends ATC Monthly Trade Events hosted by Pabkins.
DUE To Host by: January 31st, 2018 (due in my hands by this date!)
TO SIGN UP: You must READ THIS BLOG POST! – then fill out the questionnaire form at the bottom of this page (only fill it out once ever) AND send me an email with “CANDYLAND” and you INSTAGRAM ID in the subject line! – I know it’s long but PLEASE READ IT, the reason it’s so long is because I want everyone to know how its run and what the standards are. I’m actually really easy going, so don’t let all this FAQ scare you!
You can create a candyland landscape or any candy, treats, goodies themed people or creatures. This is not Candyland the board game themed but if you want to do those thats fine – candyland is just that anything related to a land of sweets and treats. Let your sweet tooth go wild!
These monthly themes are intended as a CHALLENGE as well as a way to trade fabulous original art and bond our little art community. Please rise to the challenge and treat your fellow artists with respect by putting in your best efforts. If you are unwilling to put forth true effort then please do not apply.
PLEASE FOLLOW THE ADVISED SHIPPING TIME! – if your cards don’t arrive by the due date I DO NOT guarantee they will make it into the swap group.
- US ARTISTS – Your envelope to me SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before the 25th of that month as Mail within the US typically takes 2-6 days
- CANADIAN ARTISTS – Your envelop SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before the 20th of that month. Mail from Canada to US usually takes 4-10 days.
- INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS – Your envelop SHOULD BE MAILED AND POSTMARKED on or before the 15-20th of that month as it can take anywhere from 7-20 days to reach the US depending on your country (Phillpines, New Zealand, Australia, Poland, Sweden all tend to take 15-20 days to reach me so please keep in mind the later you mail the less likely your cards will make it into the swap!)
– SENDING EARLY IS FINE! SENDING LATE IS NOT! It is upon my discretion to return late cards back to the artist’s unswapped. If you are a constantly late mailer I will start returning your cards unswapped. Please extend me some respect by mailing in a timely manner!
HOW IT WORKS:
– CREATE 3 ORIGINAL Hand drawn or hand painted artist trading cards from the above theme. No Political or Religious cards permitted. Or I will need to return them unswapped.
– SIZE MATTERS! Cards absolutely must be the standard size of 2.5 x 3.5 inches NO LARGER! NO SMALLER! with straight cut edges or your cards will be returned unswapped. (vertical or horizontal is fine) I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH!!
– All Artists mail their cards to Pabkins – I’ll swap them for 3 different artists based on Effort for Effort taking into consideration the amount of detail and composition you sent in.
– Optional: – “Host Gift Card” for Pabkins! It’s just an extra 4th card in the same theme if you have time. Everyone that knows me knows I’m a CRAZY ATC addict. Running this group takes a lot of my time and effort and I make a LOT of extra cards for it each month so I don’t get to do as many personal trades elsewhere. So if you want to put a big smile on my ATC loving face send 4 cards instead of 3 and I’ll get to keep one – Yippeee! I literally do a happy dance when I get one!
– Optional: – DONATIONS! – Hosting these monthly swaps costs money and I now no longer have a job so would appreciate any help you can give. Even if it’s just a stamp or $1! If you could spare any of the following to help ease my workload I’d appreciate it!
- a pack of Kraft 5×7 envelopes with notecards or a few quarters or dollar towards the envelopes I buy in bulk. The monthly group is now 40-65+ artists every month and those envelopes add up!
- any extra postage stamps as sometimes folks return envelopes go over 1 ounce, and a handful of folks forget to include their stamp each month.
- Any Extra ATC, any theme or even any you have laying around in need of a new home. Every month several envelopes go missing and I try to ensure no one goes with an empty mailbox. You can help me make that happen! Plus I recycle these back into the monthly returns as bonus extras when envelopes don’t go missing.
- Stickers or prints 5×7 or SMALLER! as I stick them in as “extra goodies” I cannot accept and will not mail back out anything over 5x7inches sorry.
– All Cards must be RECEIVED by Pabkins on or before the DUE DATE! I try to give a short 5-7 day grace period if you’ve mailed out in a timely manner and notified me asap. It is up to my discretion to turn away artists that are constantly late in sending their cards, or if they rushed the quality. It isn’t fair to swap out your 1 hour rushed cards for ones others spent a fair amount of time on. Please don’t make me the bad guy. If it is postmarked the last day of the month or after I will return them unswapped regardless if they arrive before I mail returns.
– You only receive cards if you send cards. Please share a photo of your completed cards to the #ATCitupwithfriends hashtag when you are done. That way I can see that you made them!
HOW TO MAKE YOUR CARDS!?
– CLEARLY write ON BACK OF EACH CARD:
Your name , InstagramID and #ATCitupwithfriends
– ORIGINALS only! No prints, Do not copy someone else’s art, no tracings, no stolen art, Create your own original work of art!
- Hand drawn or painted cards only! Don’t make 3 practically identical cards, that does not show creativity or effort! DO NOT send the exact same face shot and composition cards every month, break outside the box and try something new.
- No collage, stamped, embellishments that popup from the surface and No glued together bits and bobs. Papercut is fine as long as it’s your original work. This is NOT a scrapbooking style art trade group!
- No Religious or Political content in your cards. Tasteful Nudity is acceptable, obscene/grotesque nudity is not.
- Do NOT use sketchbook paper! Your cards should NOT be flimsy and they must not “shed” material. Meaning if I touch them paint, glitter, chalk etc should not rub off onto someone’s hands.
- If you can’t mange a straight cut edge on your own please buy some precut paper to make your cards, otherwise I will return poorly cut cards unswapped (as that isn’t fair to others)
- Do NOT leave flat white backgrounds, this is not a rough quick piece of art, it should be a fully finished piece of art. Solid flat backgrounds are discouraged. Please put in some actual effort and try for a background on your card.
- It is up to my discretion to return cards unswapped! Examples of when this might happen are if they: 1) arrive too late, were sent too late to go into the swap (or you’ve consistently been late each month) 2) Do not fit the theme, Please read the THEME REQUIREMENTS! 3) show lack of honest effort or there are no comparable effort cards to swap them with, 4) they do not meet the size requirement, rough edges, poorly cut or 5) are damaged. Please do not make me the bad guy!
- I am NOT responsible for lost cards that do not arrive to me or that do not make it back to you. I try to replace lost cards to the best of my ability as I never want anyone to go with an empty mailbox but this is not always possible and whether I have any donation cards.
– SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA! – This is optional but encouraged – it helps our litle ATC trade event grow and builds a sense of community. So post your WIP cards! Post your finished cards! you can even post the cards you receive in return! on instagram and hashtag #ATCitupwithfriends. Get all those other traders fired up for what they might receive – and hey go take a look at the hashtag and comment on the ones you like. I am always looking at the hashtagged posts!
– INDIVIDUALLY sleeve each card – document protectors, penny sleeves PREFERRED (see this link), or ziplock bag – just protect it as envelopes often get wet!
- LOST MAIL, LOST CARDS – I am not responsible for lost or stolen mail. If I do not receive cards I cannot swap out cards from the group swap. I try to make sure no one goes with an empty mailbox but I cannot do this alone as the group is too large. Donation cards for lost or stolen envelopes are appreciated. If I attempt to replace a lost envelope it will be solely upon my discretion and likely only if you are standing member of the group and if you agree to donate some future emergency cards.
HOW PABKINS WILL SHIP YOUR RETURN ENVELOPES!
INCLUDE YOUR POSTAGE AND RETURN ADDRESS LABELS PLEASE!!!! If you can a self addressed stamped envelope would be great!
– U.S. ARTISTS: include a Postage stamp, or however many it cost you to mail your envelope. So if your cards are heavy then 2 postage stamps (please don’t forget – many of you have been forgetting)
– INTERNATIONAL ARTISTS: please donate $1.15 via the Paypal friends and family method to pabkins @ gmail as an international postage stamp costs $1.15.
– INCLUDE a LARGE and CLEARLY WRITTEN RETURN ADDRESS paper or sticky label with your cards!!!! (sticky label preferred – come on make it easy on me! but a piece of paper with your address clearly written on it is fine also and I’ll tape it to the envelope.
– I SUPPLY: the return envelopes, sleeves and postage overages, Random prints, stickers, and sometimes extra originals. DONATIONS ARE WELCOME!
- All return Envelopes will be mailed back out within 7-12 days after the Due by date