#ATCitupWithFriends is an ILLUSTRATION, Fantasy & Science Fiction focused
Art Challenge – Trade Group
ATC Monthly Trade Events hosted by Pabkins.
THEME: Littles & Colossus
MAIL TO Host by: May 31, 2019 (Usually cards are due TO me by the end of the month however this month just get it in the mail by this day)
How to Request to Participate: You must either be an existing member of the ATCitupwithfriends community or have received an invite from Pabkins. Currently the monthly trade group is full and is for the time being by invitation only. However I do try to add new artists to the group from the wait list each month. So don’t be discouraged if you are new and hope to participate for the first time still fill out the form at the bottom to be placed on the wait list. Those invited please fill out the form as well. You will get a confirmation email within a few days. We have a monthly participation roster of about 100 artists each month so I appreciate your understanding. email ATCitupwithfriends@gmail with questions.
- ATCitupwithfriends now has an ongoing Art book series! The info on how to be included is in the signup form at the bottom of this post. All card submissions now get scanned for possible inclusion in future books. So if you do not want to be included you must send a large note with your cards that says “DO NOT SCAN”.
- The signup form also will also confirm your email for our monthly email newsletter.
Littles & Colossus!
Basically Little or Colossal (big) beings. Get creative and be sure you are putting a fantasy or sci-fi twist on it. What does that mean? Don’t draw a mouse and an elephant. But if you drew a tiny mouse city on the back of an elephant? Well there you go then! Creativity with this theme is key! Requirement! – There absolutely must be at least one character or creature on the card. AND have a SFF/Fantasy type element. That means reality is out the window. Again don’t draw two real animals that exist in our world that are big and small unless you are adding some noticeable twist somehow. This is the key to this challenge – To get creative with your little & colossal elements.
Do you need some inspiration? I’ll have a pinterest board soon – in the meantime here is some examples!
PINTEREST BOARD COMING SOON!
– Small City, Town, forest etc on the back of a colossal creature
– Mix it up, maybe what we normally think as small is the large thing and your character that would normally be large is the small thing! Twist!
– symbiotic relationships between two fantastic beings
– Lots of little creatures scattered about an environment or clinging to someone/something?
– I’m thinking, I’m thinking – I’ll add more if I come up with anything else but hey…I’m sure you’ll come up with something awesome – that is part of the challenge right!?
If ever in doubt just shoot me an email to ask a question. Send signups and any questions to ATCitupwithfriends@gmail.com
These monthly themes are intended as a CHALLENGE as well as a way to trade fabulous original art and bond our little art community. Please rise to the challenge and treat your fellow artists with respect by putting in your best efforts. If you are unwilling to put forth true effort then please do not apply to join!