#ATCitupWithFriends ATC Monthly Trade Events hosted by Pabkins.
DUE To Host by: August 31st, 2017 (due in my hands by this date!)
SIGN UP: READ THIS BLOG POST! – I know it’s long but PLEASE READ IT!, Fill out the Questionnaire at the bottom if you haven’t previously (you only fill it out once)! – then email pabkins at gmail dot com with “Tarot” and your instagram ID in the subject line!
I honestly don’t know much about Tarot cards other then they are an oracle deck of cards. Each card and suit has meanings but really being the lover of art and interpretation that I am I love them for their art. So this month we are making a #ATCitupwithfriends deck of Tarot cards!
- You can make cards featuring either the MAJOR or MINOR arcana
- Your cards must LOOK like a card! Meaning:
- The Card must have a decorative border around the edges
- The Card must have its title (major arcana have titles) or the number (minor arcana have a suit) and its Suit
- Please look at the Pinterest examples or ask me questions.) If your card does not have these two elements they do not meet the challenge of the theme and will not be swapped
- It is VERY IMPORTANT your cards be the correct size this month. In past months some of you have sent cards that were too large or too small. I have trimmed them with your permission when too large or mounted them when too small. This month I WILL NOT DO THAT because you will have already drawn your border on so trimming would mess up the border. Due to this I would send them back unswapped. If you have sent mis cut / wrong size cards in the past please be sure your cards meet the requirement.
Please think about background, accent, composition, Be creative and make some gorgeous cards! Many folks participate monthly. You want your cards to be unique so that if someone receives another of your cards that they don’t feel like they are getting the same thing each month! Shake things up and be brave. My message box is always open if you need help.
Please be creative and DO NOT SEND practically identical face shot cards. This makes it very difficult for me to swap cards if you send the same composition of face cards each month.
These monthly themes are intended as a CHALLENGE as well as a way to trade fabulous original art and bond our little art community. Please rise to the challenge and treat your fellow artists with respect by putting in your best efforts.